The Amos Family has a new Gospel commission from Jesus. We're following the Holy Spirit into our...
Hi, we're James & Kristin Amos!
We are missionaries from Granite City, Illinois, USA. We are partners as a couple in all we do.
Our joint-calling and passion includes sharing Jesus and training God's church, with an emphasis in bringing structure and support to the poor and overlooked.
In 2018, Jesus invited our family to sell everything we have, give to the poor, and come follow Him into international ministry. Because Jesus has proven Himself so trustworthy to us, we've been compelled to simply follow Him wherever He leads, and tell of His goodness wherever we go. We packed up the kids, sold our things, and headed out!Through the first year of this long, new Journey, the Lord gave our family a boot-camp in the complexities of international ministry in Ukraine, Israel, & Latvia. (Read all about 2019 here.) Then the Lord sent us back to the USA to build a partnership team, and ride out the COVID pandemic through the first half of 2020.Now, the Lord is sending our family to begin a long-term work with our dear friends and partners in Kenya, seeking to train-up non-western missionaries to take the Gospel to the nations, while continuing to support those in need. With the Kenyan border now reopening from COVID restrictions, it's just about time to go. We are thrilled to take this next step, making our home in Africa, while still following the Holy Spirit however he leads.
Gospel Ministries of the James & Kristin Amos Family
Here's what you'll find below:
2. WHERE? WHEN? HOW?
3. WHAT WILL WE DO?
4. ABOUT THE AMOS FAMILY
5. OUR PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS
6. RESURRECTION RESOURCES
7. PARTNERSHIP: PRAYER & GIVING
8. CONTACT US
Why are we doing this? Oh, that's easy. Jesus. We want everyone to know, trust, and enjoy Jesus.
Seriously, do you know Him? You can. He's alive. And you were made for Him.
The Gospel is 3 things about Jesus:
a. Jesus’ Authority over our lives. (He is our Lord.)
b. Jesus' Finished Work in our place. (He is our Savior.)
c. Jesus' Love for us, personally. (He is alive!)
Jesus' Authority produces Repentance & Trust
1. Do you believe Jesus has the right to be the authority in your life, who directs your decisions and gives you power to grow and change? (Romans 10:9, Matthew 28:18, John 10:17-18, Romans 1:4-6, 17)
2. Are you learning how to trust Jesus, rather than yourself? (Mark 7:20-23)
3. Are you willing to walk away from (repent of) anything that stands between you, and what Jesus wants for you, with God's help? (Matthew 4:17)
4. Have you asked him to take control of your life, and lead you, from now on? (Matt 4:19)
Jesus' Finished Work produces Eternal Forgiveness
5. Do you believe you are guilty of sin before God? (Romans 3:23)
6. Do you believe Jesus has paid 100% of the punishment you deserve for all your sins: past, present and future? (1 Corinthians 15:3; Romans 8:31-39)
7. Have you asked him to forgive and save you? (Acts 2:37-41)
Jesus' Love invites us into a deep personal relationship with him.
8. Do you believe that Jesus loves you unconditionally, and that he is inviting you into an ever-growing relationship with him? (John 3:16; Romans 8:35-37)
9. Are you beginning to experience real love for Jesus? (Mark 12:30)
The Gospel gives us a New Life in God's Family
10. Do you believe Jesus has given you the free gift of eternal life, which starts now? (John 3:36)
11. Are you ready to become a participating part of Jesus’ church, which is His family? (Ephesians 5:23)
12. Are you ready to be discipled (trained) by other Christians, so that you can learn how to trust and obey Jesus in every area of your life? (Matthew 28:20, 1 Corinthians 11:1)
Do you believe these things? In other words, have you come to trust this Jesus?
This is the core of what Christians believe. If you have decided this Good News is true, and it’s for you, then the next step is for you to be baptized into Christ’s church, and be discipled (trained) by other Christians. (Matt 28:18-20)
Our calling and passion is to share Christ's Gospel, train God's people, and bring support & structure for orphans, widows, the poor, and the overlooked. Kristin is continuing and expanding her work through Awaken Love International. We will both provide extensive discipleship training to the church in Kenya, moving towards our long-term goal of establishing a Missions Mobilization Center for training African missionaries, disciplers, and church-planters. Doing all of this together as a family brings us great joy!
We are a Gospel-Centered Family, Trusting God in Worship, Training, & Mission.
We have five amazing kids: Jasha, Grace, Edison, Liberty, & Blaise (Ages 23, 21, 7, 4, & 2).
We enjoy playing instruments, writing songs, exploring nature, and hanging with the grandparents. Mostly, we love learning about Jesus and sharing Him with others. We are excited to go on this Gospel journey with our youngest three!
We met in 2011, at The Resurrection, the church congregation James had recently planted in Kristin’s hometown of Granite City. James first began ministry in 2005 as a street evangelist to the poor in St. Louis. From his earliest ministry days until now, James' passion and focus has been on Gospel-centered ministry, aiming to help everyone -- churched or unchurched, rich or poor -- to understand the Gospel for themselves. James holds an M.Div from Covenant Theological Seminary, in St. Louis, Missouri.
Kristin joined James in Gospel-centered ministry in 2011. Together we have enjoyed equipping the church in the areas of discipleship, prayer and worship, and evangelism. Kristin is also the director of Awaken Love International, the US sister charity to Awaken Love for Africa, which was founded by dear friends Nicky and Sophie McLachlan. Since 2009, Awaken Love has been caring for the poor and orphaned in Kenya. They see over 600 children cared for through the Gideon Children's Home and School, providing food, clothing, shelter, education, and medical care.
If you'd like to see what we're sharing on social media please be sure to follow us on facebook!
If you are interested in partnering with us, or would simply like to track along with us on this journey, please sign up here to receive periodic updates!
James' teaching ministry library can be found by clicking here.
All of our sermons, and much of our discipleship material are currently available.
(Note: We are still in the process of revamping this website, which was first created for our Granite City church plant, The Resurrection. It's going to be called "Resurrection Resources." We just need to change the look, which is kinda expensive to do.)
Journey With Us
God has graciously given us a Partnership Team. Our team members are our friends, who love and trust us. They desire to partner together with our family ministry through prayer and financial commitment.
God has also given us Partnering Churches. We are uniquely thankful for our dear friends and partners at our sending church, August Gate Church, in Belleville, IL.
If you feel God's call to be part of our Partnership Team, please contact us. It would be our joy to have a non-pressure Zoom Meeting with you, and talk with you about what God is doing through us, and how you can be involved.
We believe that the prayers of the saints are powerful and we are asking for yours! If you feel led to partner with us through prayer please subscribe to our newsletter (see #5 above), and also follow our Facebook page (see below) where we will share prayer requests for our family and ministries.
Our family uses Modern Day Missions (501c3) as our donation channel. Modern Day provides a receipt and an end-of-year statement to all of our partners, for their taxes. To give a one-time gift, or set up a recurring monthly partnership, click the "Donate to James & Kristin Amos" button near the top or bottom of this webpage. From there you will be prompted to set up a DonorGive account.
* Do NOT use the "Donate Today" button at the very top of this webpage. That would make a general donation to Modern Day, and not one specifically for us.
* If you do sign up to give, please also text message and let us know, as we are not quickly informed by the computer system when you do so.
What's listed below is our current info.
While we're on the move, our contact info sometimes changes. But we keep this page current, to help you reach us.
James & Kristin Amos
PO Box 111
Granite City, IL 62040 USA
+1 (618) 798-1771 (James)
James & Kristin Amos
Homa Bay County, Kenya
+1 (618) 798-1771 (James)