“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.” Mt 9:37
The Great Commission is not an “optional assignment” for the Church. Yet 93% of church members never share the Gospel or pray for others. GO 2020is a special edition of Global Outreach Day which has been taking place every last Saturday of May since 2012 aiming to turn those numbers upside down. On this day every year, believers worldwide have stepped out together to share the Good News. 25 million believers already participated in Global Outreach Day. See what God has done: Global Outreach Day testimonies.
GO 2020 is a global vision to activate the whole Body of Christ – 100 million individual believers, churches and large global ministries – to pray and share the Gospel all over the world with 1 billion people in a joint effort of prayer and evangelism leading up to, during the month of May 2020 and beyond. The vision is to activate and train every Christian believer everywhere to pray and to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ not only with their neighbors but also to the nations.
Through a strategic partnershipnetwork built over nearly a decade, GO 2020:
- Encourages ordinary believers to pray and to share the Gospel through personal conversation and to demonstrate God’s love through prayer, caring, and sharing in numerous different ways.
- Equips Churches with training and materials in evangelism, discipleship and church planting (see Resources).
- Promotes Kingdom partnership as churches, denominations and ministries from many different backgrounds work together to reach the world (see Partner).
- Invites every church to be part of a church planting initiative during the year 2020. Every church is planting a church – together we can establish 1 million new faith communities.
- Makes the Gospel visible through thousands of “Jesus Celebrations”, GO 2020 Events, March for Jesus and more.
Werner Nachtigal, founder of Global Outreach Day, said, “The Gospel is the greatest message ever told and we are called to share it, breaking the silence of Christianity! Imagine the impact GO 2020 can have with every believer being a witness.”
Steve Douglass, leader of Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU) said, “If the body of Christ will trust God and work together in unity, I do not find it hard to believe that 1 billion people could be exposed to the Gospel in May of 2020.”
By participating in the ‘Year of the Frontier’—the focused prayer for the 400 largest Frontier People Groups happening May 2019 through May 2020—we pave the way for the gospel to the nations with the least access to the gospel. Through a unique partnership effort involving many different denominations, prayer networks and parachurch organizations, this massive moment is meant to train and inspire every believer to live an ongoing lifestyle of prayer and evangelism to our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth. Find more resources to participate at Joshua Project.
Join thousands of churches and ministries worldwide in dedicating the month of May 2020 to prayer and evangelism.Here is the GO2020 prayer strategies 4-minute video, mobilizing 100 million in united prayer for the global harvest. We believe the children will lead the way! https://vimeo.com/342384375
by Liz Adleta, Member of GO 2020 Prayer Task Force, https://www.go2020.world/
*** If you would like to learn more about Liz Adleta and her ministry, Click Here!