Prayer movements and mission movements are converging! May 2019 through May 2020 is a previously unprecedented time of united, informed prayer for the largest gaps in work among the unreached around the world: YEAR OF THE FRONTIER! For thirteen months starting May 2019, prayer networks around the world will coordinate with the Alliance for the Unreached, the Ethné Movement, the 24:14 Coalition, Joshua Project’s “Unreached of the Day” (http://JoshuaProject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday) and Frontier Venture’s Global Prayer Digest as well as many others to pray for every one of the 400 Frontier People Groups (FPGs) with an in-country population over 500,000 as field efforts collaborate to see movements to Christ in every people and place.
What are Frontier People Groups? These FPGs contain nearly all of the one-quarter of all humanity that is currently the most isolated from the good news that Jesus came for all peoples, not just the Christians. Less than 1 in 1,000 are followers of Jesus in these groups. Only 1 out of every 100 cross-cultural laborers work among these groups! Until Jesus followers unite in obeying His commission, these masses have no hope of hearing about and being introduced to Jesus before they die! This unprecedented collaboration will focus on the fulfillment of God’s promise to bless all peoples, through Jesus movements healing and restoring broken families and communities.
Why is prayer important? Extraordinary prayer is foundational to every movement to Christ. Prayer is the first domino to fall leading to change in spiritual receptivity to the gospel and fruitfulness. The Bible indicates that one can put 1,000 to flight but 2 can put 10,000 to flight-there is multiplied power in agreement. As intercessors faithfully lift up these specific people groups and believers reach out, God does what only God can do and releases harvest.
Learn more about the “Year of the Frontier” at http://Go31.org/yof Joshua Project offers much more information on why these groups are key: https://joshuaproject.net/frontier “Reaching the Unreached” video https://vimeo.com/244739881 and “The State of the World” https://globalprn.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b371ecb81ea5dd83cb1ed45cd&id=b68ef93f6a&e=3ba0399bc5 help you grasp the urgency and relevance of this effort.
Your prayers are vital to extending God’s blessing in Jesus to all the remaining Frontier People Groups. Draw close to God by embracing His passion to bless these Frontier People Groups. Invite others to join you in:
– Praying daily for every one of these 400 Frontier People Groups over this year:
To get daily prayer materials via email: https://joshuaproject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday/email or http://www.globalprayerdigest.org Then submit your email in the top right box. Apps to help you are available for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=umot.tw.dgp or iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/global-prayer-digest/id1181417800?l=es&mt=8
– UPG of the Day Widget to customize for your website: https://joshuaproject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday/widget
– On social media, use these hashtags to raise awareness of this effort: #YearOfTheFrontier, #FrontierPeopleGroups, #UnreachedPeopleGroups, or #RememberTheUnreached.
– Promoting the international Day of Prayer for the Unreached (http://AllianceForTheUnreached.org)
– Participating in the global Year of the Frontier Prayer Movement (http://Go31.org/yof)
– Preparing for the Global Outreach Day 2020 (http://globaloutreachday.com/2020), which will coincide with the culmination of the Year of the Frontier. During the entire month of May 2020, our goal is to mobilize 100 million Christians to pray for their neighbors and nations as well as to share the Gospel with them. We believe that together with many denominations and ministries it will be possible to reach 1 BILLION people with the Gospel and for prayer-care-share to become an ongoing lifestyle for every follower of Christ.
By: Liz Adleta
If you would like to know more about Liz and her ministry, Click here.