Before the COVID-19 pandemic unraveled, I was preaching in different schools in South Orlando, FL. Looking back on these events on, one hand all I can think about is when I get to step into these schools again to preach the gospel but on the other hand, I believe homes all across the world have a great opportunity. With this small window, parents all across the world have a chance to really sit down, open God’s Word and sow a seed into their children that could potentially change the direction of so many lives. As I’m writing this I’m reminded of what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14…
“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of heaven.”
If you can reach a child with the Word of God when they’re younger, they’ll have a rock to stand on when the world around them shatters and crumbles. Right now with everyone quarantined, I can’t think of a better thing to do during these next few weeks than this. Today, adults all around the world are frantic and afraid and I can’t think of a better time than now to look your child in the eyes and share with them the promises of God.
Let them know God sees them, loves them, and has a plan for their lives but most importantly, lead them to the cross! In the midst of everything we’re going through, we cannot forget about those who are watching us. This to me matters most right now and perhaps, this is part of what God is trying to do. I feel that He is bringing us back to what matters most and if you’re reading this, I’m pleading with you, close this page, grab your Bible, gather your family and begin to ask the presence of the Lord to enter the room.
If you’re willing to take me up on this challenge I have a few thoughts for you before you go.
- Remember that Jesus wants to work with you as a partner. If you will ask Him to lead you He will and He will begin to construct the world around you because He trusts you to fulfill His purposes on the earth. Remember this as you go about ministering to your family. He’s with you!
- The Holy Spirit will take you up on anything. If you think it’s impossible for Him to perform a miracle in your family, think again. He’s just waiting on you to take that first step of faith.
- When we get to Heaven we won’t be able to share the gospel with our friends, family, and loved ones. This pandemic may be tough, but it’s also created a window for you to spend more time seeking to bring the Kingdom of Heaven back into your home. Don’t waste this opportunity.
- The reality is, you and your family are bound in chains if the presence of God isn’t relevant in your lives. I know, I lived this way for years. If you want real peace, true joy, happiness, beauty, wonder, power and rivers of living water back into your household, these things can only be found in Jesus.
- A.W. Tozer said “When a man has found God he’s not looking for anything else because he’s found it.” God is calling you and me to recognize that the feet of Jesus is the highest place and if we truly keep our eyes on Him you will never waste time on fruitless activity because in order to do that, you’d first have to take your eyes off of Him.
Jeremiah 29:13 says “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” Most people miss that small part at the end “with ALL your heart”. Gather your family, put on some worship music, open the Word, and together seek the presence of the Lord with all your heart. Sow a seed into the lives of your children and watch as the Lord begins to manifest His love and glory.
By: Jacob Ebersole
For more information about Jacob and his ministry, click here!